The weather is getting cold and it couldn’t be a better time for my bi-annual batch of Turkey Chili. Each time, it’s delicious in its own way, but this round may be my best to date! It was smoky & spicy with a hearty texture from the mix of Ground Turkey & Turkey Kielbasa. I topped it with shredded Cheddar and Sour Cream and paired it with Egg Noodles for leftovers.
Chipotle Turkey Chili
- Turkey Kielbasa – (1) package cut into half moons
- 85/15 Ground Turkey – (2)lbs, browned & drained
- Chili Mix – 1/2 packet of Hot, Medium, 0r Mild
- Sriracha – a few squirts
- White Onion – (2) medium, chopped
- Garlic – (2) T, minced
- Crushed Tomatoes – (1) large can
- Chicken Stock – (1) can, low-sodium
- Black Beans – (1) small can
- Chipotles in Adobo Sauce – (2) peppers from can, chopped
- Worcestershire Sauce – (4) heavy dashes
- Dried Parsley – (1) T
- Brown the Ground Turkey in an oiled pan and transfer to Crock-Pot or Dutch Oven.
- Saute Onion & Garlic in same pan with a tablespoon of butter until aromatic & translucent.
- Combine Onions, Garlic, & remaining ingredients in Crock-Pot or Dutch Oven.
- Cook on HIGH 3-5hours or LOW 6-8 hours, stirring occasionally until you can’t resist a bowl!
Pingback: Family Dinner: Jack Frost Ski Patrol Chili Cookoff « No Love More Sincere